Founded in 1922 in Nässjö, Sweden, the original company, was called Elekto Ljus & Kraft, name that was changed to AB Eldon-Verken in 1948.
Eldon literally means “devices for electricity” in Swedish, a representative name for a company manufacturing enclosures designed to protect highly sensitive electrical and electronic components.
Initially building electrical installation equipment and selling radios, the latest invention at the time, they soon began manufacturing a junction box designed for the use with electric ovens.
Eldon is a privately held company headquartered in Madrid, Spain, and a global manufacturer of standard and customized enclosure solutions for the industrial and building markets.
Product manufacturing is developed in several European production facilities and a plant in Umbergaon, India. The company has 6 distribution centers and is present in 45 countries around the world.
Eldon offers several ranges of products:
- Mild steel and stainless steel wall mounted enclosures
- Mild steel and stainless steel floor standing enclosures
- Console systems — mild steel and stainless steel consoles for control & automation applications
- Polyester enclosures
- Terminal boxes — over 160 standard sizes in six different types of material
- Thermal management — products used to maintain the right temperature and protect sensitive components inside
- EMC shielded enclosures — enclosures with zinc plated frames or produced in stainless steel which can withstand the main enemy of EMI, corrosion
- Swing-arms range
- General accessories — a variety of common components necessary for completing different application
The Gustav Hensel GmbH & Co. KG is a leading company specialising in the manufacture of innovative electrical installation and power distribution systems for facility equipment of buildings. Founded in 1931, Hensel today represents a company group which is active worldwide and has about 820 employees, 570 of which are in Germany.
In addition to the parent company in Lennestadt, Germany, subsidiaries and representatives in important foreign markets ensure a continually strong international presence.
Wherever environmental influences, dust and humidity require a particulary sophisticated installation technology, Hensel with its innovative solutions enables the reliable and safe distribution of energy.
The range of modern electrical installation and power distribution systems for national and international applications has made Hensel into one of the market leaders in the distribution of electrical energy in the low voltage sector.
The Fibox range of standard enclosures provides the designer with over 800 choices for packaging electrical and electronics equipment operating in hostile environments. Fibox enclosures comply with EN 60529 (IEC 529) and UL 50 and UL 508. Our enclosures have achieved ingress ratings of IP 67 and NEMA 4X and 6, 6P. Enclosure performance is verified by independent laboratory testing and on-going monitoring of production. With over 700 standard accessories, Fibox enclosures are easy to use and flexible. Standard solutions exist for panel mounting, hinging inner doors, wire and management and air ventilation.